Friday, October 13, 2006

Another day at the office.

For the last few days I am trying to upload a large file of size around 145MB. But failed several times because of the power failure we are having. So finally decided to upload the file in one of colleagues laptop. Started the upload. The plan worked fine and when I came in today I saw the upload was done. I just needed to do the following close the upload and when closing the upload, in its response the server where it is uploaded will generate an ID. This is the ID I will require to retrieve it back from the server. Following the steps I happiply closed the download and as expected a ID was generated and poped in the console. All's well till now. To copy ID from the console I clicked on the left corner of the cmd window from where I needed to select the mark option and then simply copy the ID. But !!!!!!!! But !!!!!!! My mouse betrayed me instead of single click, it gave me double click and the first option "Close" was clicked. Before my very eyes the cmd window closed taking away the ID I waited all night long to get. That is life .. you wait for something .. wait and wait... just when you see its just there . click and it has vanished. To my understanding this small pains in life is just to make me realise that the rest of the time I am not in pain. heheh ! I will stop my crap for today here. Fingers crossed and hope todays upload will be sucessful.

1 comment:

Tahmid Munaz said...

Bolena?
Failure is the Pillar of Success ;)

In these cases you should make sure before even copy anything.. u can keep a screenshot of the screen if the ID was viewable :) You could have survived from this disaster :P

Beparation Na.. ;)